Child Passenger Safety Seat Program
The Perry County Health Department provides infant/child passenger car safety seats, checks, and education free of charge based on the following requirements:
- Proof of residency in Perry County.
- A Prenatal in the 7th to 9th month of pregnancy.
- A parent or guardian of a child from birth to the use of booster seats
- Person receiving the seat must have a vehicle with proper seat restraints.
- Seats are issued by appointment and based on availability.
- Seats will be distributed only to primary user (parent/legal guardian) to ensure proper operational instructions and usage.
- Only one seat will be issued per child.
- Review and sign a participant "Caregiver Agreement/Release Form.
- Attend an instructional program on proper use and installation
- Agree to never sell, give away, or donate to any other person or organization, the issued Safety Seat.
- Always return seat to the Perry County Health Department when expired or no longer in use.
For the Ultimate Car Seat Guide go to SafeKids.Org
To sign up for the child passenger seat program or to request assistance from Barbara Miller or Angie Schuessler, Child Participant Safety Technician, please call 573-547-6564.