Recalls are actions taken by a company to remove a product from the market. The recall may be instigated by the company or by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). If the product is meat or poultry products, the Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) will be the agency involved. The purpose of the recall is to remove an adulterated or misbranded product from consumers.
At the Perry County Health Department, we make an effort to inform all of the businesses in Perry County that may have the recalled product. Sometimes that determination is difficult to make since the recall information is often incomplete.
Businesses are expected to remove the recalled product from consumer access immediately. For a current list of recalls and to find out more information, visit the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
- Hospira, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Recall For One Lot of Vancomycin Hydrochloride Injection, USP 1.5g/vial, Due To The Presence of Visible Glass Particulates FDA website.
- GFA Production (Xiamen) Co., Ltd. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Easy Care First Aid® Burn Cream and First Aid Kits Due to Microbial Contamination FDA website.
- FDA Advises Restaurants and Retailers Not to Serve or Sell and Consumers Not to Eat Product Labeled as Sun Hong Foods, Inc. Enoki Mushrooms Sourced from China Due to Possible Listeria Contamination FDA website.
- Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC issues voluntary recall of a limited quantity of a select list of baked snacks products due to the potential presence of hard plastic pieces. Information on specific products for this recall can be found on the FDA website.
- The J. M. Smucker Co. Issues Voluntary Recall of Select Jif® Products Sold in the U.S. for Potential Salmonella Contamination. Information on specific products for this recall can be found on the FDA website.
- Coblentz Chocolate Company Recalls Select Peanut Butter Products Because of Possible Health Risk. Information on specific products for this recall can be found on the FDA website.
- Specific varieties of SKITTLES® Gummies, STARBURST® Gummies, and LIFE SAVERS® Gummies. Information on specific products for this recall can be found on the FDA website.
Help keep you family safe.
The Safekids.org website is an excellent source for information on product recalls. Click on this "Safekids" link to current product recalls.